Transformers Roadshow is a science, technology and innovation competition, hosted by the Islamic Development Bank.
What is the Transformers Roadshow?
Transformers Roadshow is a science, technology and innovation competition, hosted by the Islamic Development Bank. It provides a platform to accelerate and amplify the work of innovators and entrepreneurs across the Islamic World. The competition is about finding and supporting new ideas that can help communities build their own healthy and prosperous futures.
Our aim is to identify innovators, scientists and entrepreneurs with ideas that can support one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals, and connect them to those who can pass on the relevant knowledge and support, including funding, new business opportunities or simply strategic advice.
How can you get involved and apply?
We are calling all scientists, innovators and entrepreneurs in Bosnia and Herzegovina and neighbour countries who are currently working on a project in support of the Sustainable Development Goals to share their vision and ambition and win investment fund of $3,000.
To take part in the competition, please provide information on your project using the criteria listed below via online form available on https://www.isdb-engage.org/en/challenge/transformers-roadshow
Phase 1 – Initial selection
Selection of top 15 projects from across the region, the deadline for all applications is at midnight (Bosnian Standard Time), on 10th September 2019
Phase 2 – Pitch and win
On the 28th September, the 15 finalists will be asked to pitch their ideas to the judging panel comprising of technology, business and development experts from around the world.
Lucky winners will be announced on that day!
A: Your innovative ideas:
- can be related to the development of a product, a service or a system;
- must address a particular developmental challenge related to one of the following goals: Food security, good health, and well-being, quality education, clean water and sanitation, affordable & clean energy, industry, innovation and infrastructure.
- must be scientifically sound and can be implemented using existing technologies.
B: There are no limits on the size and scale of your ideas. Individuals or teams of up to 3 people can apply for the award.
C: Preference would be given to ideas that are:
- are scalable/replicable in IsDB member countries without the need for a major reinvention or adjustment.
- demonstrate a self-growing potential in terms of continuing its expected effect (benefits and/or services).
- have a potential for patenting and developing into a commercial product or a service with an expected benefit.
- Applications must be received by 10th September 2019
- Each applicant may submit one application
- The fifteen (15) shortlisted applicants would be invited to the Roadshow
- Each shortlisted applicant would be invited to a make brief 5-minute Powerpoint pitch of their idea before an international jury, who will ask questions for a further 3 minutes. Each individual or team would therefore present their idea for a total of 8 minutes. Details and program would be provided to shortlisted applicants.
- The judging panel will select 3 of the best ideas based on the criteria listed under Items A and C preceding.